UE.co is committed to building a culture that fosters inclusion and embraces equal opportunities, experiences, and ideas for all our staff. In honor of International Women’s Day, UE.co is introducing a new scholarship to support women looking to enter the technology field and decrease the gender gap.
UE.co partners with groups like Women Who Code San Diego to host events like hackathons, workshops, and seminars to encourage women in the San Diego area to pursue a career in technology. In honor of International Women’s Day, UE.co is introducing a new scholarship to support women looking to enter the technology field and decrease its gender gap.
To qualify for this scholarship one must:
- Identify as female
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited university in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in the United States for the 2018 -– 2019 or 2019-2020 academic year, pursuing computer science, computer engineering, digital marketing, electronic engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Hold a GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion in technology
- Answer the question “What excites you about a career in technology?” in an essay of 500 words or less OR a video 60 seconds or less.
- Save as a word doc or PDF, or .mov file.
- Email email@example.com with your essay file and include the following in your email: Name, School Attending, Expected Graduation Date, and Best Phone # to contact you.
- Finally, include your answer to the essay question in the comments below to inspire others!
- The deadline to apply for the UE.co Women in Technology Scholarship is EXTENDED to May 10th, 2019.
- The winner will be announced in May 2019.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.